What is a Mitigation Plan?
A mitigation plan outlines the steps you will take before, during, and after your event to reduce risk of your staff, volunteers and attendees contacting the virus.
During the COVID-19 pandemic, event organizers have a lot of decisions to make to plan a safer event:
- How can the event be organized to reduce the transmission of COVID-19 to staff, volunteers and attendees?
- Should the event move forward depending on local case counts?
- If the event moves forward, what are the local mandates?
- How should the room be setup?
- Can food be served safely?
- How should travel from other places be handled?
A mitigation plan will help you answer these questions and reduce the risk of virus transmission at your event. It isn’t possible to guarantee COVID-19 won’t be spread when people gather in person, but it is possible to plan ahead and reduce the risk.
MITIGATION PLAN EXAMPLES: Links to existing mitigation plans for reference.